A quick and easy paleo dinner.
The perfect weeknight meal doesn’t get much quicker, easier, or healthier than this Paleo Zucchini and Turkey Skillet Dinner.
When my friend and I first started apartment hunting during our senior year of college, we had a lot of things on our minds. We thought of freedom, exciting new jobs, a new city, having enough counter space in the bathroom for two makeup and hairstyling collections.
One thing we weren’t thinking about? Our newfound responsibility to feed ourselves. We had been living off dining hall food for four years. While the quality wasn’t much to speak of, the ease of access was certainly something we had taken for granted. Once we were on our own juggling rent, busy schedules, and entry-level paychecks, we found ourselves missing that walk to the dining hall.
Our dinners had to be three things: quick, healthy, and affordable. Meals like this Paleo Zucchini and Turkey Skillet Dinner quickly became our weeknight staples. High in protein, low in calories, and easy enough to throw together in under 20 minutes, this dish is a lifesaver.
A Perfect Paleo Dinner
The Paleo diet has been around for a while, but its popularity hasn’t faded. To what does this trend owe its staying power?
For one thing, it’s simple. Unlike a lot of other complicated diets that are all about counting, cutting, or eating oddly specific amounts of oddly specific foods, the paleo diet is all about keeping things simple.
At its most basic or “purest” form, the paleo diet aims to eliminate all foods that weren’t available to early humans who hunted and gathered their meals.
While not everyone follows the diet quite so strictly, the general premise remains the same: cut out processed, high-calorie foods that have become a staple in our modern diets in favor of clean, fresh fruits and veggies and protein.
Made with just a few simple ingredients, this Paleo Zucchini and Turkey Skillet Dinner is the perfect healthy meal, even if you’re not necessarily pure paleo. Ground turkey and fresh veggies make this simple dish delicious, hearty, and filling.
The Easiest Meal You’ll Make This Week
This simple, one-pot skillet meal couldn’t be quicker or easier. Ready in under 20 minutes, this recipe is really as simple as tossing the ingredients together in the skillet.
When you need a meal that’s quick, easy, and nutritious, this dish is your new go-to. Whether or not you’re paleo, this turkey skillet is the perfect healthy, simple meal.
Paleo Zucchini and Turkey Skillet Dinner
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion chopped small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini medium-sized, cut into half moons about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 roma tomatoes diced small
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- Cook the ground turkey in a large skillet on medium heat, breaking the turkey into small pieces as it cooks. Add the garlic and onion and cook just until the onion begins to turn translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Add the olive oil to the turkey mixture and increase the heat to medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, just until the zucchini beings to soften. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil. Serve hot and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms