Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 185 | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 4 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 4 mg | Sodium: 451 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 8 g
- 8 ounces (dry) whole wheat macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney or black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Picante sauce, no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese, grated (block cheese is best)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain. Combine in a large mixing bowl, cooked macaroni and remaining ingredients. Add to medium casserole dish, spread evenly, cover loosely with foil and bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Add additional cheese if desired.