Reconnect with the possibilities and capabilities of simply using your body to get results.
Sometimes a great workout goes back to the basics. I like to think about how people in the past were fit from doing everyday manual labor, like hunting, carpentry, weaving, blacksmith work, parenting, and a host of other physical-focused work. Although we have the luxury of weights and equipment, focusing on bodyweight work brings a new appreciation for how you connect and understand your body. This 15-Minute No-Equipment HIIT Workout will allow you to reconnect with the possibilities and capabilities of simply using your body to get results.
HIIT workouts are all I focus on at the gym. The goal is to keep pushing and moving as hard as you can—for as long as you can—with minimal rest. Fifteen minutes of this HIIT workout will get your heart racing and kickstart your metabolism to start shredding fat.
15-Minute No-Equipment HIIT Workout
The only equipment you’ll need for this workout is a yoga mat. Perform each exercise for one minute. Complete two rounds, resting for one minute in between the rounds. Perform this workout at least five times a week.
- Star Jump: Jump as high as you can and wave your arms. It’s as freeing as it is strenuous!
- Spiderman Plank: Plank holds are losing their luster. Bring your knees in to hit your obliques and keep your belly rolled in toward your spine.
- Reverse Crunch: A personal favorite that targets the lower belly.
- Frog Jumps: A great way to burn your quads and test your ability to hop!
- Hollow Rock: This exercise was introduced to me in 2014. Be prepared to tip over a lot. Be patient as you build your core to get the best results.
- Burpee Tuck: A fun burpee variation without the high jumping.
- Pushup: I’ll never stop saying that pushups are a must for confidence and body strength. Work on the transition from the wall to the chair to the floor.
HIIT workouts require fuel to keep you going. Try any of these 13 Energy Snacks to Fuel Your Workout and make sure you never end up on E.
Don’t stop here! Push your body harder with one of my favorite HIIT workouts; our 21-Day HIIT Ladder Challenge.