One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to prepare all of your own meals. Takeout and packed meals often have lots of hidden sugar, salt, fat, and calories. If you cook for yourself, you know exactly what’s going into your body. In order to cook for yourself, you need to have a well-stocked kitchen. In addition to the basics, such as pots and pans, you should have some items that are designed to make clean eating easier. When you have the tools for weight loss in your own kitchen, you’re bound to succeed. Here are 20 kitchen essentials for weight-loss success.
1. Bento Lunch Box Brown-bagging your lunch is a great way to have a clean midday meal, but it can be hard to make and pack interesting and tasty lunches. A bento box is great because it has different compartments, allowing you to pack a variety of food without taking up a lot of space. Plus, your lunch will just look so much nicer and more appetizing! Try packing these 13 Grab & Go Low-Calorie Lunches.
2. Infuser Water Bottle Soda, juice, and other sugary drinks should be the first to go when you’re dieting. Plain water can get boring, so get an infuser water bottle and make your own naturally-flavored water.
3. Collapsible Measuring Cups & Spoons Set Portion control is key to weight loss. Check the serving size of everything you eat and measure a serving for yourself, so you don’t eat mindlessly.
4. Kitchen scale Some recipes measure the ingredients in grams instead of cups, so a kitchen scale will help you measure correctly.
5. Tea Infuser Black tea, green tea, white tea, and herbal tea all have serious weight-loss benefits. Green tea has tons of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits, and ginger tea and mint tea help with digestion. Check out these 5 Teas That Promote Weight Loss.
6. Vacuum Sealer Use a vacuum sealer to preserve foods you buy in bulk. It will be less likely to develop freezer burn, and you can store meat, cheese, and frozen fruits in individual portions.
7. Thaw Claw A thaw claw allows you to thaw meat safely in a matter of minutes. Pull a chicken breast out of the freezer when you get home, and it will be ready to go in the oven by the time you’ve changed out of your work clothes.
8. Salad Spinner A salad spinner doesn’t just spin lettuce. It’s great for drying herbs and other greens as well. If you dry your greens and herbs before putting them in the fridge, they’ll last longer.
10. Digital Food Thermometer It’s super important to make sure your meat is fully cooked. A digital food thermometer makes it easy, so you can cook chicken, beef, pork, and turkey without worrying.