Your stomach grumbles but your watch tells you dinner isn’t for another two hours. Instead of struggling through your cravings, why not satisfy your hunger with a nutritious snack? When trying to lose weight or simply live a healthier lifestyle, you might think cutting snacks from your diet will help you reach your goals. But snacks that are heavy on nutrients and light on calories can boost your metabolism and energy levels, holding you over until your next meal.
Our 3-Ingredient Parmesan Kale Chips recipe calls for just 3 wholesome ingredients. After tossing everything together, spread the kale on a baking sheet, pop in the oven, cook to crisp perfection. Crunchy, delicious, and full of flavor, these veggie delights put ordinary chips to shame. Grab a handful the next time your cravings get the best of you. Enjoy a savory snack without guilt!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 73 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 142mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 bunch kale, *de-ribbed and coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- *Cut tough ribs and stems from kale. Chop leaves into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Place chopped kale in a bowl. Add olive oil, tossing, and sprinkle Parmesan to coat. Spread chips flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on middle rack, until crisp and browned in places, stirring and rotating pan halfway through.
Love the chips? Want more healthy snack alternatives? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.