This moist zucchini bread is perfect with morning coffee or as dinner dessert. Although there is no refined sugar in this recipe, it’s a special treat to be eaten in moderation, just as you would all desserts. The great thing about healthy breads and all desserts with clean, whole ingredients is the ability to indulge without feeling guilty about your health. The treats are still meant for occasional enjoyment, but you can eat them knowing you are not putting dangerous chemicals into your body.
Another great thing about healthy bread recipes such as this one is the inclusion of vegetables. Whenever you add fruit or veggies to a dish, you automatically boost its health factor. This zucchini bread is a great option for getting your family, especially the kids, to eat an extra serving of vegetables during the day. They won’t even know they are eating something health because the bread has a sweet, rich taste that is perfect for dessert or a special occasion breakfast.
If you are looking for other healthy bread recipes, check out a few of our options here. And if you need a few ideas for how to use vegetables in creative ways your family will gobble up? We can help with that, too!
Yields: 12 Slices | Serving Size: 1 Slice | Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 18 mg | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 19 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 12 |
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- NOTE: The fats in this recipe are primarily from heart healthy Omega 3's in the nuts. To reduce the saturated fat to 2 grams per slice, simply leave out the nuts.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and honey. Add egg, zucchini, yogurt, and vanilla, mix on low until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to batter. Mix on medium speed just until combined. Stir in nuts.
- Spray a standard size loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in pan before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.