Target every major muscle group to bring a balanced, toned, and fit look to your entire body.
A little bit of everything is always better than a lot of the same thing. That’s what I love about circuit training: You give various muscle groups attention as you push through a HIIT exercise routine that offers minimal rest. With this 30-minute full body circuit workout, you’ll target every major muscle group to bring a balanced, toned, and fit look to your entire body.
You’ll need a range of dumbbells for this full body workout and an interval timer, which is available on most phones. The best way to truly enjoy circuits is to have various weights, so if you have the opportunity, get two sets of each dumbbell weight: the usual weight you use and one that’s less heavy. This will guarantee you’ll keep going, even when your muscles start to burn out.
30-Minute Full Body Circuit Workout
Circuits are fun because they show you how much strength your muscles already have while helping to build endurance. Perform each exercise for 40 seconds with no rest in between. Complete seven rounds, resting for 30 seconds in between each round.
- Mountain Climbers: These are a great full-body cardio exercise that get your heart rate going.
- Jumping Lunge: We’ll do some more leg work with this one, but it will be more isolated this time. Keep your core tight to help with balance.
- Bicep Curls: A standard bicep exercise to build strength and give you more definition. Use light to medium weights.
- Plank Hip Dip: Give your body some faux rest and focus on your core. Keep your core tight and roll your abs back toward your spine.
- Shoulder Press: Mostly shoulder work, but using your triceps is the real focus in this exercise. This will help get rid of lower arm jiggle. Use light to medium weights.
- Dumbbell Squat: Go heavy for these. Push off using your heels and focus on form.
This full body workout is going to drain you. Be sure you have the fuel you need and try these 13 Energy Snacks to Fuel Your Workout.
Plank Hip Dip
After you’ve enjoyed this 30-minute full body workout, try our 30-Day Morning Total Body Fat Blast Challenge to burn more fat throughout the day for a more tone you.