Breakfast is bodacious. At least, we think it is. After all, who doesn’t love a meal with the power to raise metabolism, the rate at which the body burns calories?! Many breakfast foods are perfect metabolism boosters because they’re high in complex carbohydrates, fiber, or protein. Here are the 5 best breakfast foods to raise metabolism:
- Whole grains: Forget nutritionally-empty toaster pastries. When you want to burn more calories throughout the day, reach for whole grains. Our Quinoa Breakfast Cereal delivers a metabolism-satisfying mix of complex carbs and protein for lasting energy.
- Eggs: A great source of protein, eggs provide energy to keep you—and your muscles—powered-up all day. Get started with this yummy Crustless Asparagus Quiche.
- Lean protein: Carnivores rejoice! You can indulge in healthful portions of lean meat as part of a metabolism-boosting breakfast. Try the ever-popular Skinny Breakfast Sausage.
- Fruit: The fiber in fruit makes it a natural calorie-burner. The best part is that fruit is super-versatile: add it to Greek yogurt, mix it with cereal, or enjoy it all by its awesome self. Since green tea is another metabolism mover, get a double-shot of health with our Green Tea Kiwi-Berry Smoothie.
- Low-fat dairy: Dairy doesn’t need to be a diet no-no! Low-fat dairy provides plenty of protein to boost metabolism naturally. Indulge in Greek yogurt, or enjoy the cheese in our Pita Pocket Breakfast Sandwich, which contains other metabolism boosters, like eggs and spinach.
Make your breakfast bodacious by adding the foods that raise your metabolism. Enjoy!