Oven baked omelettes are easy to throw together and pop into the oven. In less than 20 minutes, you have a melt-in-your-mouth breakfast sandwich. When you’re in a hurry, but want a hearty breakfast, this is it! Find out why eating eggs for breakfast can actually help with your weight loss goals in this post, Cut Calories from Your Diet by Eating More.
This recipes is featured in the recipe eBook 7 Power Breakfasts. These healthy recipes are created to taste great, provide nutrients and antioxidants that promote excellent health and energy that lasts all morning long.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving size: ½ pita sandwich | Calories: 297 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 225 mg |Sodium: 484 mg | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints: 8 |
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup baby spinach torn into small pieces
- 4 grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 green onions, diced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 whole wheat pita pocket, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, spinach, tomatoes, green onions, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture into an 8” non-stick skillet, place in oven on middle rack. Brush both sides of each pita half with olive oil, place on foil and warm in the oven during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Cook eggs approximately 15 to 18 minutes or until puffy and just set in the center, but not hard. Sprinkle on the feta cheese and return to the oven for one more minute.
- Remove skillet from oven, cut omelet in half and place each half in a pita pocket. Press edges into warm pita and serve immediately.