It's impossible to eat just one!
Butternut squash is the ultimate cozy fall side dish. Aromatic and flavorful, this squash is versatile and can be prepared any number of ways. One of our favorite ways is in the form of a fritter. Our recipe for 5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters is quick and easy. Shredded butternut squash is seasoned simply with sage, then formed into a fritter and pan-fried to crunchy goodness.
These butternut squash fritters are also a great way to sneak veggies onto the plates of your picky eaters! Make sure to prepare a big stack of them though, because it’s impossible to eat just one!
5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters
- 5 cups butternut squash shredded
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tablespoon sage fresh, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup flour we used white whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded butternut squash, eggs, minced sage, salt, and pepper. Fold in flour and add more if needed in order to hold fritters together.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat, and heat until the oil sizzles when a drop of water is added. Drop 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time, making sure to keep the fritters at least 1-inch apart.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and golden brown.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Pinch of Yum.