Lifestyle balance means finding harmony between our work lives, our family lives, and our personal passions. Many of us struggle to achieve this balance, feeling overwhelmed and overworked, and experiencing high levels of stress. Without proper balance, we feel a need to improve our mood, and diminish anxiety, worry, and tension throughout the day.
If this sounds familiar, you may need help fitting exercise into your hectic schedule. While you might be wondering, how to find the time to workout, we’ve provided you with 5 Workday Workouts to boost your energy and burn fat so that you feel and look better. These workouts can be completed in just 15 minutes, even while you’re at the office.
Workout to transform your body with this SkinnyMs. Fitness 12 week program designed for all fitness levels.
1. AM Abs. In your office chair, with your knee at a 90 degree angle, bring your opposite knee to touch your elbow, alternating every knee/elbow touch. Do three consecutive sets for 30 seconds each then rest for 90 seconds. Repeat through 2-4 times to lose belly fat for sizzling, six-pack abs.
2. Lunch Time Lunges. Bend down so that your knee is directly over your toes (a 90 degree angle) and then slowly drop one knee to the ground, gently touching the ground and slowly stand back up. Repeat, alternating legs for 30 seconds 2-4 times for a tighter booty.
3. Water Cooler Wall Sit. Place your back against the wall, and position your feet shoulder-width apart about a foot and a half from the wall. Slide down until your knees are at a 90 degree angle and hold, as long as you can. And then 5 seconds more to feel the burn, for a great butt.
4. Shadow Box for Stress Relief. At your desk, practice jabs and uppercuts while maintaining control of your arms, never fully extending, and hit an “imaginary” boss, co-worker, or pillow to relieve tension and strengthen muscles in your arms and core. Try this while keeping your core tight for 15 second intervals, 2-4 times.
5. Heel to Butt with Arm Reach. Stand up and grab just above your right ankle with your right hand and the pull your heel to your glutes. Raise your arm up over your head, reaching for the ceiling with your fingertips. As the left hip and ankle extend, step forward with your right foot and repeat on the other side. Repeat 30 seconds, 2-4 times alternating legs for a metabolic boost, and fat burn.
And here’s some info that will motivate you to nourish your body and mind. A team from the University of Iowa recently evaluated more than 100 studies and found that resistance training and aerobic exercise give your brain a boost. Resistance workouts can help you to avoid distractions, cardio may help improve cognitive ability to carry out multiple tasks, and after just six months, gray and white matter in the prefrontal and temporal lobes can actually grow. So whatever you have time for, whether it’s resistance training or cardio, can help keep your mind sharp.
Many women don’t work out because they don’t have time or they are looking for short-term rewards that can only be accomplished with long-term efforts. These workday workouts can give you short-term rewards, like a positive mood, until you reach your long-term goals.