Add some spice to your weeknight dinner with a quick and easy pasta bake!
Sometimes you just want a big cheesy dish of pasta. When those cravings hit, satisfy them with an easy Buffalo chicken noodle bake. Blue cheese and ricotta will give you your cheese fix, but you won’t have to feel guilty about it. We used low-fat cheese, whole-wheat pasta, sugar-free sauces, and chicken breast, so this is a clean version of an indulgent treat. Plus, with only six ingredients, it couldn’t possibly be easier to prepare. Mix them, put them in a baking dish, cook, and voila! Dinner is served.
6-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Noodle Bake
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts diced medium and cooked
- 3 cups marinara sauce no sugar added
- 1 cup buffalo sauce low-sodium, no sugar added
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese non-fat
- 4 cups whole-wheat penne pasta cooked
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles low-fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, marinara, buffalo sauce, and ricotta, mix well. Add the penne and stir until pasta is completely coated.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles evenly over the top. Place back in the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
All of our pasta recipes are clean and guilt free! Indulge in our One-Pot Turkey Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo, Lemon-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Linguine, or 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan.
can you recommend a low-sodium no-sugar added buffalo sauce??
Karen, I did some research and this one has zero grams sugar and 90 grams sodium.
recipe looks delicious, thanks.
we don’t have mariana or buffalo sauce ready made in the UK – what do you recommend please?
Your best option would be to make and can your own marinara. For buffalo sauce you can use hot sauce, just a smaller amount.