Going meatless can still be mouthwatering
Tired of the same old meals night after night? Well, get ready for six mouth watering meals that you and the family can really veg out to!
1. Vegetable Ratatouille: Race to your nearest whole foods market and stock up on some eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, yellow squash, onions, red and yellow bell peppers, olive oil, bay leaves, thyme, & parsley. Chop into bite-sized pieces and sauté and you have just made the best bowl of ratatouille. Your family’s mouth will water for this all summer!
2. Grilled Vegetable Shish Kabobs: If you’re planning a family fun night, get the grill ready for shish kabobs full of pineapples, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, mushrooms and zucchini. Add some thyme, oregano, parsley and whatever else makes your family smile and your ready to go!
3. Garden Vegetable Soup: Try tossing some organic carrots, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and cabbage into some vegetable broth; turn on your slow cooker; add some basil and by tonight – get ready to feed your family a hearty bowl of vegetable soup that tastes like it came straight from grandma’s garden!
4. Tasty Vegetable Lasagna: Now this lasagna is going to be the family’s favorite! Having a hard time getting the kids to eat their vegetables? Try mincing some onion and garlic, red bell peppers, yellow squash, mushrooms, whole stewed tomatoes, salt & pepper, and sauté in a dash of white wine. Add parsley and basil! Don’t forget your low-fat ricotta cheese and couple of free range eggs! Boil your whole grain lasagna noodles and alternate noodles and vegetables in a pan. Mix it all together and this whirl of vegetables will have your family in a frenzy for more! Click here for Skinny Ms. Super Veggie Lasagna
5. Kale Salad: This salad is one supermodels dream of! Loaded with taste yet so healthy for you and the family! Indulge and enjoy! Check out Skinny Ms. kale salad recipe online and get ready for a taste bud explosion. Who said vegetables were boring?
6. Zucchini Pizza: Last, but not least, veg out with pizza and a movie! Grab the kids and a great family movie and try this on for size. Let the kids help you roll out some whole wheat pizza dough and add zucchini, pizza sauce and low fat mozzarella cheese. Bake and enjoy! If you really want to veg out, slice 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch zucchini slices, spray with olive oil and bake for about 2 minutes. Add homemade pizza sauce and low fat mozzarella and voila! A low fat meal you all can enjoy!
So, there you have it! Six tantalizing meals you and the family can enjoy making together and devouring together! Don’t spend one more bland, boring night eating the same old thing! Choose a meatless meal from this list and get started tonight! Then let us know which one is a hit with your family!
Where can I find the recipes for these dishes? Thanks!
Balove06, Most of these are not actual recipes, just suggestions. You can find similar recipes on our site at https://skinnyms.com/category/recipes/
Never thought of putting zucchini on our veggie pizzas. Thanks for the ideas!
Neelixntes, You are so welcome!
is there a printable recipe for the summer vegetable ratatouille? Thanks!
Only what's in the article. 🙁
Thank you for the six free and easy recipes
Looking forward to trying them