You'll believe in love at first bite after trying these chewy delights!
Jennifer Maltby is a guest food blogger from The Unrefined Kitchen. She has been happily married to her husband for 7 years. They have one three-year old daughter and an eight-month old son. Jennifer loves being in the kitchen and especially loves baking. Due to multiple health issues, she changed her diet and saw significant, positive changes. She started the website The Unrefined Kitchen to be a tool and resource for others trying to change their diet in a similar way. The Unrefined Kitchen is grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free (almost–butter is used in some recipes), and paleo-friendly. You will find The Unrefined Kitchen on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
For more delicious sweet snacks try the incredibly popular Quinoa Protein Bars, Fudge Brownie Bites and Slow Cooker Chocolate Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce.
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/2 cup if you like it a bit sweeter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or if you prefer, replace with chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Stir together the first seven ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
- Add dark chocolate chips and coconut.
- Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms