Delicious, light, and beautiful, these Apple Cream Cheese Tarts will wow your guests before they even take their first bite. Fat-free cream cheese, whole-wheat puff pastry, and, of course, apples, keep this treat as light as it is tasty. Meanwhile, coconut sugar lends this pastry the sweetness it needs, while sparing you the blood sugar spike you don’t. The eye-catching presentation makes these pastries perfect for a special occasion, brunch spread, or even just your Instagram. And don’t worry, the intricate, rose petal inspired shape is much easier than it looks! Bake up a quick batch of these Apple Cream Cheese Tarts for your next get together and leave your guests wondering how you did it! Serve alongside our equally beautiful (and easy!) No-Bake Mini Apple Cheesecakes to complete the spread.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 tart | Calories: 384 | Total Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 218mg | Carbohydrates: 36g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints: 14
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large apple, peeled, core removed, and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 sheets whole wheat puff pastry
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the apples and lemon juice, and saute for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, pat dry, and set aside.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal strips (you should have 8 strips total). Spread the cream cheese on to each strip and sprinkle with the sugar. Top with the apple and lemon juice mixture. Fold each strip in half lengthwise and roll them into a cinnamon roll type shape. Place each roll into a muffin cup, spiral side facing up.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.