Make lunch sweet and crunchy!
This sweet and crunchy version of creamy chicken salad is a welcome change from heavy, mayo-loaded versions you may be used to. Unlike your usual chicken salad recipe, this one is made with Greek yogurt, dried apricots, and toasted almonds. It’s full of flavor and super easy to prepare. Eaten on sprouted grain bread or your favorite whole wheat slice, it’s an easy lunch that is healthy and delicious. If you’re looking for a new twist on traditional chicken recipes, try this one. You won’t be disappointed!
Apricot and Almond Chicken Salad
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast cooked, cooled, and shredded
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped and toasted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- sprout grain bread or whole-grain pitas or other bread for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Spoon onto your favorite bread and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite healthy dinner option? Tell us about it in the comments section below.