This sweet and crunchy version of creamy chicken salad is a welcome change from heavy, mayo-loaded versions you may be used to. Unlike your usual chicken salad recipe, this one is made with Greek yogurt, dried apricots, and toasted almonds. It’s full of flavor and super easy to prepare. Eaten on sprouted grain bread or your favorite whole wheat slice, it’s an easy lunch that is healthy and delicious. If you’re looking for a new twist on traditional chicken recipes, try this one. You won’t be disappointed!
You might also like some of our other tasty salad recipes.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup and 1 slice bread|Calories: 362| Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 66 mg | Sodium: 318 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 28 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and shredded
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Sprouted grain bread, whole grain pitas, or other bread for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Spoon onto your favorite bread and enjoy.
What’s your favorite healthy dinner option? Tell us about it in the comments section below.