Our Asian chicken sandwich hits the spot at lunchtime and hits all of its marks when it comes to nutrition! Chicken is packed with lean protein and potassium, whole grain bread is filled with fiber and is low on the glycemic index, and we’ve filled this sandwich with a number of crunchy vitamin and antioxidant-rich veggies. And with a dash of vegan mayo, olive oil, and Sriracha, you’ve got a sandwich that’s bursting with flavor but light on fat and cholesterol.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 313 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 38 mg | Sodium: 152 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Dietary fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 whole wheat baguette
- 4 leaves of red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium carrot (cut into strips)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium cucumber (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (whole)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, Sriracha preferred
- Place carrot strips in vinegar and allow them to marinate for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Brush chicken breasts with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken, let rest for 5 minutes and then slice into pieces.
- Mix mayonnaise and hot sauce and set aside.
- Cut baguette into four sandwiches.
- Spread spicy mayonnaise on bread.
- Top bread with chicken, carrots, cucumber, sesame seeds, cilantro and finally top with lettuce.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one day.