Bite into a satisfying and wholesome sandwich with an Asian twist!
Our Asian chicken sandwich hits the spot at lunchtime and hits all of its marks when it comes to nutrition! Chicken is packed with lean protein and potassium, whole grain bread is filled with fiber and is low on the glycemic index, and we’ve filled this sandwich with a number of crunchy vitamin and antioxidant-rich veggies. And with a dash of vegan mayo, olive oil, and Sriracha, you’ve got a sandwich that’s bursting with flavor but light on fat and cholesterol.
Asian Chicken Sandwich
- 1 carrot medium, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce sriracha preferred
- 1 whole-wheat baguette
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cucumber medium, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves whole
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place carrot strips in vinegar and allow them to marinate for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Brush chicken breasts with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken, let rest for 5 minutes and then slice into pieces.
- Mix mayonnaise and hot sauce and set aside.
- Cut the baguette into four sandwiches.
- Spread spicy mayonnaise on bread.
- Top bread with chicken, carrots, cucumber, sesame seeds, cilantro, and finally top with lettuce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
And, of course, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Hi, while I love all bread, it adds a lot of points. I use Flat out flat bread and the one I use has 2 pts. for one wrap. In this recipe, how can I change bread points for the flatbread? Thanks!
Beverly, One serving of flat bread is approximately 2-3 smart points, depending on the size and thickness.