We love Asian dishes, but we aren’t big fans of the extra fat, calories, and preservatives that often accompany takeout food. But our Asian Chicken Wrap recipe lets us savor one of our favorite Asian meals, and contains 100% clean ingredients and only 123 calories per serving! Our Asian chicken wraps are made with crispy chicken, fresh cabbage or lettuce, and the tangy flavor you’ve come to expect from Asian fare. What’s not to love?
Yield: Servings 6 | Serving Size: 1 Wrap with 3/4 Cup Cubed Chicken | Calories: 123 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat:1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 27.5 mg | Sodium: 349 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary | Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon ketchup (recipe for ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 skinless chicken breast filets, cubed into about 1/2″ pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large cabbage leaves, such as napa cabbage
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and setting aside.
- Combine the honey and warm water in a medium sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients to the honey & water mix, turn to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking approximately 5 minutes. Place the dipping sauce in a bowl for serving and set aside.
- Heat the canola oil and sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. On medium-high heat add cubed chicken breast and cook until it has lost its pink color, 8-10 minutes. Drain chicken by pouring off liquid. With the chicken still in the skillet add the, already prepared, Stir-Fry Sauce to the chicken along with water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Stir-fry for approximately 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Place approximately 3/4 cup cooked chicken on individual cabbage leafs, drizzle with dipping sauce. Allow everyone to add additional dipping sauce if they wish. Slightly fold the wrap when eating. A little sauce may spill out but no big deal, just add more, there’s plenty to go around. Enjoy!!!
- Bragg Liquid Aminos is another Gluten-Free option for soy sauce.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms… Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites. Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.