The perfect bold, zesty Thai salad made even easier than takeout!
There’s nothing like steak on a salad. It’s a protein choice that’s just a cut above your go-to chicken and can really take any salad to the next level, especially one as bold and flavorful as this Thai beef salad.
Whether you have leftover steak, a major Thai food craving, or you’re looking for a healthy excuse to fire up the grill, this easy Thai salad recipe is a fresh and zesty dish that bursts with flavor and a variety of textures. While this salad is great year-round (and an excellent go-to recipe for leftover beef), it’s especially refreshing in the summer.
Thin-sliced meat, three different kinds of lettuce, crisp cucumbers, and juicy tomatoes create a bed of varied flavors and textures, while a rich and zesty dressing combines cilantro, mint, basil, lime juice, soy sauce, and honey for the perfect mix of bold Thai-inspired flavors.
Crisp veggies, marinated steak, and fresh tangy dressing make this easy Thai beef salad the perfect healthy at home Thai food.
Fire Up The Grill
You can’t have a classic Thai beef salad without steak. You may have reservations about red meat, but this recipe uses lean flank steak to keep this salad light, clean, and tasty.
A simple olive oil and salt & pepper seasoning is all this steak needs so the bold flavors of the salad and dressing can really shine. Savory beef flavors will complement this salad without overpowering. I recommend grilling the steak to medium for this recipe, but feel free to cook to desired doneness.
My biggest tip for this salad is to be sure to slice the steak thin before adding to the lettuce. Thin-sliced beef really absorbs the flavors and complements the refreshing crunch of the other ingredients.
Spice Things Up
If your favorite thing about Thai food is the chance to get a little spicy, feel free to turn up the heat in this recipe. The crushed red pepper in the dressing definitely brings some signature Thai spice, but add more if you’re looking to spice things up.
Additionally, you may want to consider adding a finely-diced jalapeño or Thai red chile to the mix for some extra spicy Thai food heat.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a classic Thai food takeout order at home. Enjoy!
Easy Thai Beef Salad Recipe
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound lean flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cucumber medium, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the green onion, cilantro, mint, basil, lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and honey, Stir well and set aside
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Rub the flank steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the steak to the desired doneness. We recommend cooking the steak to medium, or about 5 minutes per side. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, combine the romaine, arugula, and spinach in a large bowl and toss well. Divide between serving bowls. Top the lettuce with the cucumber and tomatoes.
- Slice the steak into strips and lay over the lettuce. Drizzle the cilantro dressing over top. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms