Swap mayo for avocado!
Egg salad sandwiches are delicious, budget-friendly, comfort food fare. But a sandwich filling mixed with mayo is far from an ideal meal. We’ve revamped the traditional egg salad with a superfood addition – creamy avocado! Swapped in for mayo, you get twice the flavor and all of the plant-based benefits. Avocados’ natural, healthy fats will fill you up, help nix cravings, and keep you feeling fuller faster. And the flavor? Absolutely delicious with boiled eggs. You won’t believe how delicious this simple sandwich is!
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 1/2 avocado ripe, pitted and peeled
- 1 boiled egg peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
- pinch kosher or sea salt
- 2 slices multigrain bread toasted if desired
- With a fork, mash the avocado, chopped boiled egg, lemon juice, and salt together just until combined. Overmixing will create an odd color, so you just want to mix until all ingredients are folded together.
- Serve between two slices of multigrain bread. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure that you subscribe to our daily newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.