Egg salad sandwiches are delicious, budget-friendly, comfort food fare. But a sandwich filling mixed with mayo is far from an ideal meal. We’ve revamped the traditional egg salad with a superfood addition – creamy avocado! Swapped in for mayo, you get twice the flavor and all of the plant-based benefits. Avocados’ natural, healthy fats will fill you up, help nix cravings, and keep you feeling fuller faster. And the flavor? Absolutely delicious with boiled eggs. You won’t believe how delicious this simple sandwich is!
Yields: 2 servings/ 1 sandwich | Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich | Calories: 249 | Total Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 175 mg | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1/2 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 2 slices multigrain bread (toasted, if desired)
- With a fork, smash the avocado, chopped boiled egg, lemon juice, and salt together just until combined. Overmixing will create an odd color, so you just want to mix until all ingredients are folded together.
- Serve between two slices of multigrain bread. Enjoy!
Make sure that you subscribe to our daily newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.