You don't have to miss out on the sweet things in life in order to be healthy.
We here at SkinnyMs. love clean desserts! Thankfully, you don’t have to miss out on the sweet things in life in order to be healthy. So, the next time your sweet tooth starts speaking to you, answer it with a batch of baked almond peaches. They have no refined sugar and get lots of their sweetness from the peaches themselves. They also have super healthy coconut oil, fiber-rich whole-wheat flour, and a delicious combination of spices. What more could you want?!
Baked Almond Peaches
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup almonds lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil cold
- 4 peaches large, ripe and fresh, cut in half and pit removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except for peaches. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Place peaches in a prepared casserole dish, skin side down. Fill the hole left from the pit with the oatmeal mixture, about 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until peaches are soft and filling is lightly brown. Serve warm. If desired, drizzle with honey or a dollop of sweetened whipped coconut cream.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms