If you are anything like us, you’re always on the go. It can be so difficult to find quick and easy meals that are both healthy and delicious. In order to combat the temptation to stop for unhealthy fast food, we always keep grab ‘n’ go snacks and meals at the ready! One of our favorite go-to quick meals are these Baked Kale and Quinoa Patties. Full of superfoods like quinoa and kale, these patties are packed with fresh herbs and feta cheese to give them loads of flavor. Eat them warmed up or at room temperature, making them the perfect mini-meal to grab when you know you’ll be on the go all afternoon!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 patties | Calories: 200 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 123 mg | Sodium: 283 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (I like to use a mixture of red and plain quinoa)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. I like to use my hands when mixing so that the moisture from the eggs soaks into the other ingredients. If the mixture is too too wet, add a little flour and they hold together well.
- When well combined, form the mixture patties about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 17 minutes, flip each patty and bake for and additional 5 minutes.
- Allow patties to cool before serving.