Easy fritters that are baked instead of fried.
Zucchini dishes are sometimes fried as in the case of traditional zucchini fritters, but with this easy baked zucchini fritters recipe, you can enjoy them without guilt. They’re easy to make and still have that crisp texture you love that’s often missing from many types of baked zucchini. Make sure not to skip the step of salting the zucchini; it helps keep your fritters puffy instead of flat. Serve these alongside your favorite entrée for a healthy, crispy treat the whole family is sure to love.
Baked Zucchini Fritters
- 1 zucchini medium, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion small, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the grated zucchini on a layer of paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and transfer to a strainer. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, press out as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop spoonfuls of the mixture a couple inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for 10 more until both sides are golden brown. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? Tell us about it by using the comments section below.