These chicken tenders are full of flavor!
Enjoy this recipe as a main dish or as an appetizer. These balsamic glazed chicken tenders are so juicy and delicious, you will never believe they are just as lean and healthy as plain grilled chicken breast! Chicken dishes are a great option for just about every occasion. Both kids and adults love chicken tenders because they are made from juicy white meat. Chicken dishes can be served for a run-of-the-mill weeknight dinner or for a special occasion. The tangy taste of balsamic jazzes up these chicken tenders, so your meal will be sophisticated and healthy.
Chicken recipes are everywhere, but finding ones that are just as healthy as they are tasty can be a tough challenge. A lot of chicken recipes, especially those that are labeled “healthy” are bland. They lack fat, which for many, means they lack flavor. When special attention is paid to flavor, the flavor often becomes too salty and overpowering, which can also be unhealthy. Luckily, this dish is none of these things. The balsamic glaze provides a ton of taste without a lot of fat or salt.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Tenders
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add all ingredients to a large skillet, cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Delicious served over a bed of brown rice. To serve as an appetizer, combine 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar for dipping.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.