Light with loads of flavor.
If you’re looking for delicious, healthy pancake recipes to add to your weekend breakfast menu, look no further than this gluten-free pancake recipe that is sweetened with bananas and coconut. Topped with a quick-cooked apricot compote, it’s a delicious breakfast that will satisfy pancake lovers in your household without weighing you down. Full of healthy fats, plenty of fiber, and flavor, these banana oat pancakes won’t let you down. Store any leftover apricot jam in a jar in the fridge.
Banana Oat Pancakes with Apricot Compote
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana ripe, mashed
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 cup coconut unsweetened, shredded
- 1 cup oat flour or ground oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice fresh squeezed
- coconut oil for cooking
- First, make the apricot compote by combining all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook while you make the pancakes, about 20 minutes.
- Combine the banana, almond milk, and flax in a large bowl. Stir to combine and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the coconut, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add this to the banana mixture and stir. Add the orange juice and stir until well combined.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Drop the pancake batter by spoonfuls, flattening with a spoon. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with the apricot compote.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How do you turn traditional pancakes into something special? Tell us about your favorite pancake recipe in the comments section below.