Topped with fresh, seasonal blueberries and strawberries, this hearty, whole grain breakfast bowl is bursting with spring flavor. This clean eating breakfast quinoa is delicious and nutritious! If you like, cook the quinoa up to five days in advance and refrigerate until needed.
Yields: 6 serving | Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups | Calories: 308 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 69 mg | Carbohydrates:49 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons raw honey (or honey)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until warm.
- Divide quinoa evenly among 4 breakfast bowls; pour warm flavored milk over quinoa.
- Top with berries and almonds; drizzle with honey.