Ah, corn. A summer necessity and guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Juicy kernels offer a distinct sweetness that tastes delicious on or off the cob. BBQ parties and outdoor gatherings are perfect for various corn-themed recipes. Among the countless dishes you can whip up with the scrumptious superfood, our recipe for the Best Ever Corn Salad certainly tops the charts.
Simple to make and vegetarian-friendly, this lovely salad packs in a whole bunch of incredible nutrients and puts a delicious spin on eating your veggies! Wholesome ingredients like red bell pepper and finely-chopped fresh basil add a splash of vibrant color that contrasts beautifully with the corn. Apple cider vinegar provides a touch of tang and a surprising sweetness coming from the corn water. Finish with olive oil and you have a host of health benefits you can feel good about. A stunning veggie dish your guests will love to gobble up, this recipe will rock your world!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 138 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 8mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 5
- 4 fresh corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon corn juice retained from boiling the corn
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Add fresh corn to a large pot of water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Cook corn on the cob for about 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
- When they are cooked, drain all the water but 2 tablespoons, saving for later use. Slice the corn from the cob when cool enough to handle. Add corn to a serving bowl. Discard the cobs.
- In a small bowl, mix extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, corn juice from cooking the corn, salt, and black pepper.
- In the serving bowl with corn combine corn kernels, add bell pepper, onions, and basil. Add vinegar dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Love the recipe? Hungry for more summertime fare? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.