Did you know tacos are one of the most Googled recipes each year? This dinner time staple is a classic for a few good reasons. Tacos are quick, simple, and don’t really require a recipe. The downside? Most tacos are served with processed corn tortillas or white tortillas made with refined flour. You don’t need any of that in your life!
Swap in this Black Bean and Sweet Potato Wrap recipe instead, and enjoy all the tasty taco flavors, with a healthy, refreshing twist! Sweet potatoes are one of our favorite superfoods, boasting fiber, potassium, iron, and vitamins C, D, and B6. Black beans also offer fiber, but are also terrific sources of lean protein, making your meal filling and sustaining. These tacos will keep you energized for hours on end.
This simple recipe requires no baking. A quick zap for a single sweet potato in the microwave, but that’s it! Once you’ve tenderized your sweet potato, just dice, stir, and prepare to party. Because these tacos are so simple, and so delicious, we guarantee you’ll want to celebrate!
Try making the mixture ahead of time, and taking to work, school, or on a picnic. Or serve as a quick dinner, potluck dish, or party appetizer. The most delicious part of this recipe is how versatile it is. Everyone will love it, no matter where you decide to serve.
Yields: 4 servings/2 wraps | Serving Size: 1/2 wrap | Calories: 396 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 155 mg | Carbohydrates: 58 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (Skinny Ms. Taco Seasoning)
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup red or purple diced onion
- 2 (8-inch) spinach or whole-grain wraps, (recipe for homemade whole-grain wraps)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, taco seasoning, and juice of 1/2 of the lime. Cover and place in the fridge or until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and toss sweet potato cubes in, cooking just until tender when pierced with a fork and edges are slightly browned. Salt and pepper lightly. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, toss together sweet potato cubes and black beans. Drizzle remaining lime juice over the top of the mixture. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Spread a tablespoon of Greek yogurt mixture on the bottom of each wrap. Top with sweet potato mixture, tomatoes, avocado, and onions. Roll and tuck ends in. Cut in halves to serve.
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.