A snack that's both spooky and scrumptious!
This creepy hummus dish is perfect for a Fall party. The hummus gets its ruby red color from beets, and this recipe offers a touch of sweetness and a lot of savory creaminess. Peel carrots and add to the hummus to create a hand reaching up from the dip. Super spooky!
Serve Blood Red Beet Hummus with Carrot Fingers with whole-wheat pretzels or whole wheat pita chips and some crunchy vegetables for some scary scooping.
Blood Red Beet Hummus with Carrot Fingers
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans can, drained
- 2 cups beets peeled and chopped (1 to 2)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Bring salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan, add the chopped beets and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the beets have softened, and can easily be pierced with a fork. Drain and add to a food processor or blender with garlic, tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice, and puree until smooth and creamy. Serve with crudites such as celery and carrots, or whole-wheat pretzels or whole wheat pita chips.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.