This creepy hummus dish is perfect for a Fall party. The hummus gets its ruby red color from beets, and this recipe offers a touch of sweetness and a lot of savory creaminess. Peel carrots and add to the hummus to create a hand reaching up from the dip. Super spooky!
Serve Blood Red Beet Hummuss with Carrot Fingers with whole wheat pretzels or whole wheat pita chips and some crunchy vegetables for some scary scooping.
Yields: 3 to 4 cups | Serving Size: 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup |Calories: 102 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 164 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 heaping cups (1 to 2 beets) peeled and chopped beets
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Bring salted water to a boil in medium saucepan, add the chopped beets and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the beets have softened, and can easily be pierced with a fork. Drain and add to a food processor or blender with garlic, tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice, and puree until smooth and creamy. Serve with crudites such as celery and carrots, or whole wheat pretzels or whole wheat pita chips.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.