This rustic homestyle meal bursts with an assortment of veggies and rich, earthy flavors.
Somewhere between a pie and a pizza, (although depending on what part of the country you’re from, those terms may be interchangeable) this blue cheese and roasted vegetable tart makes for a delicious vegetarian meal.
With an assortment of veggies, flavorful blue cheese, and subtle seasoning, this veggie tart packs warm, earthy flavors into a rustic, comfort-food style meal.
Veggie Lovers Only
Going meatless, whether as a lifestyle or on a part-time basis, is a great way to stay on top of your clean eating goals. It can also be a fun way to mix things up in the kitchen. It’s much harder to fall into that chicken-every-night rut when you know a meat-free day is coming up.
As I’ve started experimenting more and more with incorporating meatless meals into my diet and meal plans, I’ve realized that there are right and wrong ways to go meatless. There are no rules of course, but there are definitely ways to make the most out of your meatless efforts. (Unfortunately for me, those ways do not happen to include eating popcorn and ice cream for dinner. Meatless? Yes. Healthy? Not so much.)
I’ve come to find that the best way to really make the most of my meatless meals is to use them as an excuse to pack in extra veggies. Cutting out meat is all well and good, but it’s what you replace it with that really matters. Swap out meat for extra veggies, and you have a win-win.
Literally stuffed full of delicious veggies, including: zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onions, and peppers, this blue cheese and roasted vegetable tart is the perfect meatless meal. Whether you’re a full-time vegetarian or a casual Meatless Monday observer, this veggie-packed tart is a great way to make the most of your meatless endeavors.
Healthy and Hearty
Remember when you were a kid and your mom used to smother your vegetables in cheese or grind them up in your spaghetti sauce so you wouldn’t notice them? Yeah, this recipe is the opposite of that.
This rustic blue cheese and roasted vegetable tart is all about the natural, earthy flavors of your favorite veggies. With a subtle seasoning of olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme, this recipe really lets the natural flavors of the assorted vegetables shine.
This delicious recipe is a great way to mix things up in the kitchen AND pack in some extra veggies. Ready in under an hour, it’s easy to whip up on a weeknight or reheat leftovers. Make the most of Meatless Monday this week with this warm, hearty, veggie-packed meal.
Blue Cheese and Roasted Vegetable Tart
- 1 zucchini small, cut into half moons 1/4 inch thick
- 1 eggplant small, cut into medium cubes
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup red onion cut into medium cubes
- 1 red bell pepper small, cut into medium cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme not ground
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles fat-free
- 1 whole-wheat pie crust 9 inch
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Mix well to coat all the vegetables in the oil and seasoning. Lay in an even layer on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and browned. Remove from the oven and mix the blue cheese into the vegetables.
- Roll the pie crust into a circle about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Place the crust onto a second baking sheet. Spoon the vegetable and blue cheese mixture into the center of the pie crust, leaving about 1/2 to 1 inch of exposed crust on the sides.
- Fold the edge of the pie crust over the vegetables, leaving the center of the vegetables exposed. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more healthy living inspiration delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter for all our best tips, tricks, and recipes!
Follow us on Pinterest and Instagram for even more recipes and advice to help you stay on track!