Start your day in the most delicious way, with these incredible blueberry breakfast cookies! Chock full of superfoods like raw almond flour, hemp seeds, and blueberries, your body will love them as much as the smiling faces around your breakfast table do! Made with minimal added sugar and tons of plant-based protein, this recipe makes a great make-and-go breakfast. Simply bake them the night before, and enjoy them anytime you’re ready for a quick and healthy meal!
Who told you cookies couldn’t be healthy? That they were on your list of foods to avoid? SkinnyMs. has you covered with a cookie recipe that couldn’t be healthier! Start out with a whopping cup of blueberries, a superfood well known for its fiber and phytonutrients. Then simply mix the rest of the ingredients together and fold the blueberries in! It doesn’t get easier than this.
Spoon your batter onto a cookie sheet and bake for just 10-12 minutes, and you’re good to go! These cookies have a sweetness that will delight your guests, and you’ll astonish them when you tell them that instead of loading them with butter, white sugar, and refined flour, you’ve actually concocted a batter made from some of the healthiest ingredients in the world. Serve these treats as breakfast, but remember to toss one in a ziplock bag in your purse for an on-the-go pick me up!
Yields: 12 cookies | Serving size: 1 cookie | Calories: 271 | Total Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fats: 12 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 21 mg | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 3/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the flax seeds in a small bowl and add the cold water. Whisk until well combined, and let stand for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder in a large bowl and sift together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined and add the flax mixture. Whisk well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the dried blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet in even spoonfuls. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned. Allow to cool before serving.
Stay informed about new recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle topics by subscribing to our newsletter. Join our fun and thriving community on our Facebook page and check out our Pinterest, too!
Have some feedback for us? Let us know what you think of this post in the comments section below. Don’t forget to let us know what you’d like to read about in the future!