Cooked or raw, this green veggie is awesome for your health.
Broccoli, “Trees”, “Dinosaur Bushes”, or “The Other Gaseous Vegetable” are just a few of the names this wonderful green vegetable goes by. And, while it may sometimes be a challenge to get your kids (or yourself) to eat it, it’s well worth the effort because broccoli is excellent for your health. So, bring on the broccoli! Discover tasty ways to add this superfood to your meal plan with some of our best broccoli recipes, and learn more about the health benefits of this healthful veggie below.
You’ll love these BROCCOLI RECIPES:
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Toss Recipe
- Broccoli Tarts
- Broccoli Basil Cream Soup
For a complete list of superfoods, check out 50 Superfoods: The Ultimate Shopping List.
2 REASONS TO BRING ON THE BROCCOLI:
1. Broccoli is Proving to be a Real Contender in the Cancer Fight
“In a new study, researchers found compounds in broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables called isothiocyanates (ITCs) appear to target and block mutant p53 genes associated with cancer growth.” (Source)
2. Broccoli Has as Much Calcium as a Glass of Milk and More Vitamin C Than an Orange
Love it or hate it, you should be eating it!