A perfect dish to whip up when you have leftover chicken!
One of the advantages of using a slow cooker is that you can make a big batch of something and have leftovers. Instead of serving the exact same thing two days in a row, it’s easy to repurpose yesterday’s leftovers to make today’s new and exciting dinner recipe. Pasta dishes are great for repurposing chicken recipes. The next time you make Lemon Basil Chicken , try using leftovers to create one of the best chicken pasta recipes out there. This chicken broccoli pasta dish doesn’t recycle flavor, though; it tastes completely unique!
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Toss Recipe
- 12 ounces whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 4 reserved Lemon Chicken Thighs any skin removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; return pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Stir in chicken, broth, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, tossing frequently until heated through.
- Top with cheese and nuts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.