One of the advantages of using a slow cooker is that you can make a big batch of something and have leftovers. Instead of serving the exact same thing two days in a row, it’s easy to repurpose yesterday’s leftovers to make today’s new and exciting dinner recipe. Pasta dishes are great for repurposing chicken recipes. The next time you make Lemon Basil Chicken , try using leftovers to create one of the best chicken pasta recipes out there. This chicken broccoli pasta dish doesn’t recycle flavor, though; it tastes completely unique!
Servings: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1-3/4 cups | Calories: 463 | Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70 mg | Sodium: 432 mg | Carbohydrates: 54 g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 28 g | SmartPoints: 13 |
- 12 ounces whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 4 reserved Lemon Chicken Thighs, any skin removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; return pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Stir in chicken, broth, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, tossing frequently until heated through.
- Top with cheese and nuts.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.