One of the advantages of using a slow cooker is that you can make a big batch of something and have leftovers. Instead of serving the exact same thing two days in a row, it’s easy to repurpose yesterday’s leftovers to make today’s new and exciting dinner recipe. Pasta dishes are great for repurposing chicken recipes. The next time you make Lemon Basil Chicken , try using leftovers to create one of the best chicken pasta recipes out there. This chicken broccoli pasta dish doesn’t recycle flavor, though; it tastes completely unique!
Servings: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1-3/4 cups | Calories: 463 | Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70 mg | Sodium: 432 mg | Carbohydrates: 54 g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 28 g | SmartPoints: 13 |
- 12 ounces whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 4 reserved Lemon Chicken Thighs, any skin removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; return pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Stir in chicken, broth, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, tossing frequently until heated through.
- Top with cheese and nuts.
Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.