These healthy tarts are perfect for a brunch!
I love creating recipes that are healthy while still tasting and looking great. After many a sweet tart, I decided it was time to try my hand at a savory version. These broccoli tarts are a perfect balance of broccoli, feta, and fluffy egg whites in a almond flour crust.The mini tarts work fabulously as appetizers. For a main dish, simply make this recipe as a full sized tart.
For the Crust
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
For the Filling
- 1/8 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1/2 ounce feta cheese I used sheep's milk feta
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine ingredients for dough.
- Once ingredients are well incorporated knead dough until it holds its shape.
- Press dough into tart molds.
- Distribute the egg white evenly between the tart shells.
- Add broccoli and feta.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Finish by broiling for 2 minutes.
- Makes 3 mini tarts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms