With just 4 ingredients and a few steps, you can whip up a batch in no time!
This Caramel Pear Ice Cream is a tasty, healthy treat to keep in your freezer when you want to reach for a pint of your usual favorite ice cream. With just 4 ingredients and a few steps, you can whip up a batch in no time! Frozen pears are pureed with Greek yogurt and topped with a totally skinny version of caramel, made with apple juice.
Enjoy a bowl sans guilt whenever that sweet tooth hits, or serve alongside your favorite skinny cake or tart. It would even be delicious topped with fresh fruits like raspberries or strawberries.
Caramel Pear Ice Cream
- 6 pears ripe, peeled, sliced and core removed
- 8 cups apple juice no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 32 ounces Greek yogurt large tub, plain
- Place sliced pears in a freezer until completely frozen.
- In a small saucepan, bring apple juice to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir often. Simmer juice until it reduces and reaches a caramel-like consistency. Remove and cool.
- Once pears are completely frozen, place in a blender with lemon juice, yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of cooled caramel. Blend until combined. Remove from blender and place in a covered airtight container and freeze until ready to use.
- To serve, scoop into a serving bowl and drizzle apple juice caramel over the top. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You may also enjoy these other 9 Healthy Homemade Ice Creams!
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Share with us in the comments!