Clean eating caramel!
Do you like chewy caramel squares? If you answered yes, you’ll love this sauce! Drizzle a little over yogurt, cheesecake, Chocolate Bread Pudding…the possibilities are endless. We used unrefined, Coconut Palm Sugar which has a low-glycemic index and is naturally high in nutrients, unlike white granulated sugar.
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- dash of kosher or sea salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut palm sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and cook over medium heat, until desired thickness. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine. Refrigerate unused sauce. If sauce becomes too thick after refrigerating, add additional milk and reheat over low heat in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Drizzle sauce over bread pudding, cinnamon rolls and other favorite desserts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms