This healthy burger will make you feel like you're on a vacation at the beach!
This mango chicken burger recipe comes to us from Lisa Huff at the Snappy Gourmet. The burger is a healthy spin on a traditional burger, but also adds in monster flavor with mango and Caribbean spices. If you are a burger fan or you are looking for new ways to prepare chicken, you will love these healthy burgers.
Burgers are an American classic, but unfortunately, they are usually not a healthy option. Most burgers are full of saturated fat and loads of calories. There are alternatives, such as veggie burgers made from soy protein, but these are even packed with chemicals and preservatives. If you want a healthy alternative to a traditional burger that is truly made with healthy, whole ingredients, this is it.
Not only does this burger offer a healthier, leaner patty, it features the fresh flavors of the Caribbean. Mango is loaded with nutrients and has a sweet, tangy taste. It pairs perfectly with the mild flavor of chicken and is made even better with the burger’s Caribbean flair. Kids love this burger because it is colorful and lean. Kids sometimes turn their nose up at burgers dripping with pink grease, but this burger cooks up lean and light. The addition of fruit makes it even more appealing for your littlest diners.
Love healthy burgers and looking for healthy side dishes to pair with them? Try our sweet potato chips or quinoa salad.
Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground chicken 99% fat free
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain fat free
- 1 cup mango fresh, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro fresh chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno seeds & stems removed, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Caribbean seasoning or Caribbean Jerk
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest fresh
- 4 wheat rolls
- monterey jack cheese
- onion slices
- yogurt or mayo, no added sweetener
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together yogurt, mango, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, Caribbean seasoning, garlic, and lime zest until well combined. Gently stir yogurt mixture into chicken being careful not to overmix and compact meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or use a little oil to coat bottom of pan) over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Place chicken patties in rolls and top with desired toppings.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our SGarlickinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
This one would probably be my "favorite" if I had to choose one!! 🙂
Emily, It’s on our list to add the data. 🙂
Made this the other day and it was amazing! I have a question though, does the calorie and point information include the bun as well or just the patty? It tastes way too good for only 9 points plus.
Jessica, Yes the 9 points includes the roll.
This was the first meal I cooked after finding this great site – still a favourite. My change up was tonight I stir fried some celery,red pepper (1/3 of one), small zucchini,1/5 of a red onion, in some chicken broth with about 1/2 lime squeezed, took the almost cooked burger, broke it into pieces, completed cooking it all together, served on top of baby spinach with some salsa – 25 calories for about 3 table spoons worth (Presidents Choice-I live in Canada), bit more lime juice – best meal I eat!
Thanks for the recipe!
Ken, You sound like a “healthy” chef in the making. Great tips! 🙂