Clean eating chips made healthy and tasty.
Enjoy this crispy low-cal snack that’s high in Folate and vitamins B6, C and E. Sweet potato chips are a great alternative to traditional potato chips or French fries. They pair perfectly with sandwiches or burgers, or can be eaten alone as a healthy snack.
Healthy eaters are always searching for ways to substitute healthier options for their favorite foods. Nobody wants to give up their favorites if they are unhealthy, but sometimes there is no other option. Luckily, when it comes to chips and fries, you do have other options. Whether you are packing a lunch, hosting a cookout, or serving Friday night dinner to a group of kids, sweet potato chips are sure to be a hit.
Healthy snacks can be tough to come by, but we have a lot of options. Of course, there are traditional, simple choices, such as cut up raw veggies and dip or pieces of fresh fruit. There’s more to life than fruit and veggies, though, so we offer plenty of great options. If you are hosting a party and you want to provide plenty of healthy munchies or you love to snack on healthy foods throughout the day, check out a few of our options. We especially love these recipes for healthy snacks. Serving kids? Try this kid-friendly snack recipes. Combining any of these with sweet potato chips gives you a smorgasbord of snacks.
Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 sweet potato medium, organic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Since the peeling has a lot of nutritional benefits, it’s recommended to leave it on. Scrub the potatoes, remove blemishes and pat dry. Using a mandolin or knife, slice into 1/16” to 1/8” round pieces…depending on the thickness preferred.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sliced potatoes and oil, toss to coat.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick foil, place potato slices next to each other until the cookie sheet is filled. More than one cookie sheet may be needed, if so, place sheets on the middle and bottom racks, switch positions after the first 40 minutes. If using only one cookie sheet bake on the middle rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turn potatoes over and bake an additional 40 minutes. If the edges are crispy remove from oven, if not, bake an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy around the edges. Sprinkle with curry powder or your favorite spices.
- Allow potatoes to cool at room temperature. Chips will continue to get crispier as they cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.