Take pizza off of the naughty list!
For those of us living a healthy lifestyle, pizza is usually on the no-no list. Our Cauliflower Pizza now makes it possible to enjoy one of America’s favorite foods, so you won’t have to ruin your diet! We’ve developed a cauliflower crust topped with pizza sauce, low-fat cheese, and lots of veggies. You can really add anything you want, though, like turkey pepperoni, diced chicken, and Canadian bacon. The options are endless!
This pizza is incredibly simple to make, but flavorful enough that you won’t miss the mainstream alternative. Enjoy with a side salad for a complete meal that’s both gluten- and guilt-free!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese low-fat, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons green pepper diced small
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms diced small
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced small
- 2 tablespoons black olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the core from cauliflower and cut into small florets. Place florets into a food processor and finely chop until cauliflower resembles rice.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add chopped cauliflower and water. Bring to a simmer and cook until cauliflower "rice" is soft. If needed, add more water. Once cooked, drain off excess water and set aside to cool.
- Once cool to the touch, pour cauliflower onto a thin kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze out any extra liquid and return cauliflower to a bowl. Add egg whites, 1 cup cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, onion powder, and paprika and mix well. If the mixture appears too wet, add a tablespoon of almond or coconut flour.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and spread cauliflower mix onto a sheet and shape into a circle about 1/2 in thick. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread pizza sauce evenly over crust, followed by remaining cheese, then top with remaining ingredients. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have you tried cauliflower pizza crust before? What did you think? Tell us in the comments!