Looking for a healthy way to start the day? Our Chia Seed Berry Yogurt Smoothie is a protein-packed take on the classic berry banana smoothie. But, we’ve balanced the sugar by adding chia seeds for fiber and antioxidants, and Greek yogurt for extra protein. Also, we threw in a ton of fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, orange juice, and banana combine with honey to naturally sweeten this smoothie.
Our yogurt smoothie is perfect for a high protein breakfast on the go, or even for an after-workout boost. Best of all, you can switch up the fruit to your liking!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 277 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 70mg | Carbohydrates: 38g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 27g | Protein: 13g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup no sugar added orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 large banana, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and orange juice, mix well and refrigerate.
- While chia seeds set, add remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Remove chia seeds from refrigerator (the seed should have absorbed the liquid and will be gel-like). Add the mix to the blender and blend until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe? Share with us in the comments!