If you’re on the hunt for a dinnertime favorite guaranteed to satisfy, look no further!
This recipe is the ultimate no-brainer when you want to whip up something wholesome. Ultra-nutritious ingredients like tender chicken medallions offer a delicious source of protein. Bella mushrooms and juicy cherry tomatoes sneak some veggies into your menu. You’ll love our recipe for Chicken Breasts with Pasta & Pesto.
Fusilli pasta delivers a dose of whole grains that will satisfy even the craziest carb cravings. To crank up the flavor, the pasta is dressed in scrumptious clean eating pesto. If you’re on the hunt for a dinnertime favorite guaranteed to satisfy, look no further than this delectable recipe!
Chicken Breasts with Pasta & Pesto
- 8 ounces whole-grain fusilli pasta dry
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves fresh
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente and drain. Set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water for later use.
- Using a meat mallet pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on both sides of each chicken fillet.
- Place a large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook fillets until golden, turn over and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet with a lid and cook 10 additional minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn heat off and make sure chicken is cooked through. Remove fillets and slice each into 1-inch medallions. Place on a plate and cover with foil while cooking mushrooms.
- In the same skillet turn to medium heat, add remaining olive oil and mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add pasta and pasta water, and toss to combine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until warmed through, remove from heat. Toss in chopped basil.
- Serve chicken and pasta with pesto on the side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more delicious pasta recipes? Let us know! Leave a comment below.