Basil & Spinach Pesto is delicious on artisan bread or served with pasta.
Be sure to check out our recipe for Creamy Pesto & Pasta Salad.
Yields: 1 cup | Serving Size: 16 | Calories: 140 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 4 | Carbohydrates:1 g | Sodium: 74 mg | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, (optional - parmesan cheese)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients, except oil, to a food processor or blender, pulse until ingredients are finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add this recipe to your favorite pasta. Cook one (16 ounce) box of whole wheat spaghetti or Fettuccine according to instructions on box, add pesto and toss to coat.
- NOTE: To freeze pesto, do not add cheese until thawed and ready to serve. Freeze up to 2 months.