This healthy chicken noodle soup only takes half an hour to make!
This is a very fast, easy yet very delicious version of Chicken noodle soup! It only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish, taking advantage of a supermarket rotisserie chicken- that is basically the only sodium in the entire dish. By using low sodium or home made with no salt added stocks (preferred), the flavors come out through the spices instead of salt-laden canned broths.
Don’t miss the Top 20 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots medium, chopped
- 3 celery stalks medium, trimmed and diced
- 1 white onion medium, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock high quality, organic, and low sodium or homemade
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup whole wheat egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- In a pot that is able to hold at least 3 quarts, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mirepoix and saute for about 4 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- While the vegetables are in the pot, disassemble the chicken: Remove the skin from the entire bird, save half and throw the other half away. Pull as much meat off of the bones that you can, set aside. Throw away all of the bones and large pieces of fat.
- After the onion has softened, add the chicken stock, black pepper, garlic and dill weed. Bring back to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the reserved chicken skin, 1 cup of chicken meat and the noodles. Simmer for about 10 minutes until a light foam forms. Skim this foam with a spoon. Remove and discard the skin once the 10 minutes are up.
- Taste now and determine if you need to add any salt or additional pepper. The rotisserie chicken should impart some salt, so you may not want to add any. I added 3 pinches to mine. Stir in the minced parsley.
- Serve hot with crackers.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more yummy winter soup recipes, click here!
If you love slow cooker recipes, you have to follow us on Facebook to browse through our impressive collection of recipes and videos!