These chicken teriyaki rice bowls have everything you need in a meal. They’re full of lean protein, fiber, and veggies, and they’re delicious. Teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce add a rich Asian flavor to this simple dish. We love the combination of broccoli, carrots, and snow peas, but you can use any veggies you have on hand. We also love that you can easily make an extra serving to pack for lunch the next day. It’s so tasty that you’ll be happy you get to eat it two days in a row!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 366 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 793mg | Carbohydrates: 53g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 23g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless and skin-less chicken breast, cut into one inch chunks
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- In a large skillet with high sides, heat the sesame oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until no pink remains in the center. Add remaining ingredients, except for broccoli. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 20 minutes Stir in the broccoli, cover, and simmer for about 5 more minutes or until rice and broccoli are tender and no liquid remains.
- If desired, drizzle with additional teriyaki sauce, spoon into serving bowls and enjoy!