It's a must for your menu rotations during this cold and flu season!
Turmeric is a super spice, delivering many proven health benefits such as reducing inflammation and acting as a natural antioxidant. Our Chicken Turmeric Soup is here just in time for flu season, since our bodies need all the help they can get to fight off those nasty cold and flu bugs! We’ve used garlic and lemon juice for added immune system and antioxidant boosts, chicken and quinoa for a hefty dose of protein, and plenty of veggies to pack in lots of vitamins and nutrients. Thanks to a variety of spices and herbs, it tastes amazing, but it also packs a healthy punch!
You can make a batch of this soup and save the leftovers for meals all week, or serve for dinner so your family can reap the health benefits as well. It’s a must for your menu rotations during this cold and flu season!
Chicken Turmeric Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup quinoa or brown rice, cooked
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, then add chicken. Cook for another 4 minutes, stirring so all sides of the chicken cook. Add the turmeric, mustard seed, cayenne, and salt, then pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about half an hour. Add cooked quinoa or rice and top with chopped cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What are your go-to recipes when you’re feeling under-the-weather? How do you use immune-boosting turmeric? Let us know in the comments section below!