Flautas are a favorite...here's how to enjoy them without guilt!
Healthy flautas are hard to find, but this flautas recipe with chickpeas proves that it can be done! Instead of the usual beef or chicken, this recipe is made with high fiber chickpeas for a healthy and unique twist on a traditional Mexcian dish. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy Mexican food while still getting some nutrients, these chickpea flautas are a great start.
Chickpea & Tomato Flautas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup diced tomatoes canned or fresh
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 corn tortillas small
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt low-fat
- cilantro fresh, chopped - for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onions; cook until soft. Stir in the seasonings and the tomatoes and chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes and add the lime juice and salt.
- Heat the tortillas either in the microwave or a dry skillet. Fill each one with some of the chickpea mixture, roll up, and lay seam side down on baking sheet. Brush with remaining olive oil, and bake until tortillas are browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with the lettuce, guacamole (if using), yogurt, cheese, tomatoes, and radishes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more tasty and healthy recipes, like us on Facebook, and follow us Pinterest.