Zesty and crunchy, this Fall treat is irresistible. With chili and lime, these pumpkin seeds are perfect for those who love a little heat, but be sure to make enough because these delicious finger-foods are sure to go quick.
Pumpkin seeds are not the only seeds that can be roasted. Butternut, acorn, or spaghetti squash seeds can also be used. Pumpkin and other squash seeds are a highly rich source of both vitamin E and of zinc. So, don’t discard your squash seeds!
Make as a party snack, for a healthy fall nibble, or sprinkle into salads for some spicy crunch. Other variations? Yellow curry powder can be sprinkled on the seeds with some salt, or a little soy sauce, honey, and ginger for some Asian flavor. Prefer a sweet snack? Try tossing the seeds in come cinnamon and maple syrup and baking.
Yields: 6 serving | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 208 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 343 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds or squash seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Rinse pumpkin or squash seeds in a colander. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and allow to dry for 1 hour or longer. Pat dry with a clean dish towel or papertowels if desired to save time.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Toss the seeds in spices and lime juice. Place the seeds back on the baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a plate. Put in a bowl and serve as a shared snack.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.