Nutritious nibbles to make you love fall even more!
Zesty and crunchy, this Fall treat is irresistible. With chili and lime, these pumpkin seeds are perfect for those who love a little heat, but be sure to make enough because these delicious finger-foods are sure to go quick.
Pumpkin seeds are not the only seeds that can be roasted. Butternut, acorn, or spaghetti squash seeds can also be used. Pumpkin and other squash seeds are a highly rich source of both vitamin E and of zinc. So, don’t discard your squash seeds!
Make as a party snack, for a healthy fall nibble, or sprinkle into salads for some spicy crunch. Other variations? Yellow curry powder can be sprinkled on the seeds with some salt, or a little soy sauce, honey, and ginger for some Asian flavor. Prefer a sweet snack? Try tossing the seeds in come cinnamon and maple syrup and baking.
Chili-Lime Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds or squash seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse pumpkin or squash seeds in a colander. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and allow to dry for 1 hour or longer. Pat dry with a clean dishtowel or paper towels if desired to save time.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Toss the seeds in spices and lime juice. Place the seeds back on the baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a plate. Put in a bowl and serve as a shared snack.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.