This healthy snack is the perfect game-day snack or appetizer.
Our Chili Stuffed Potato Skins are a surefire crowd favorite at your next potluck. They also make a scrumptious game day appetizer that’ll hit the spot before kickoff!
Potato skins are roasted to crisp, tender perfection and stuffed with a mouthwatering chili mixture. Succulent chili delivers a spectrum of zesty flavors and chewy textures, thanks to an assortment of ground turkey, veggies, and legumes. Savory spices tie the ensemble together, creating a symphony of flavors.
These delicious finger foods are a great source of fiber and pack a protein punch, making them a super-satisfying healthy snack!
Chili Stuffed Potato Skins
- 4 russet potatoes large
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce no sweeteners or spices added
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- 15 ounces kidney beans can, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of choice optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Bake directly on oven rack for one hour, until cooked through. Alternatively, microwave potatoes for 5- 10 minutes until cooked through. Once cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop most of the potato from the insides, leaving about 1/4-inch of potato in the skins around the bottoms and sides.
- Increase oven temperature to 450. Rub potato skins with canola oil (skin and potato side) and place on a baking sheet, potato-side down (skin side up). Roast for 5 minutes, flip, and roast for 10 minutes on the other side. Flip and spoon chili into each potato skin.Bake for 5 additional minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, make chili. Cook ground turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a separate pot, add olive oil and onions. Cook for 5 minutes, until translucent and softened.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, corn, beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, and hot sauce, if using, and stir. Add ground turkey and allow to simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Once chili potato skins are done, garnish with cilantro and enjoy. A dollop of plain Greek yogurt or nonfat sour cream can be added to each.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Let your voice be heard! We need your feedback. Leave us a comment below.