Chocolate, bananas, and peanut butter are a delicious combination. And when prepared properly, they are also really good for you! Blending them with some almond milk or coconut milk makes for a yummy drink, for breakfast or for a post-workout pick-me-up.
Freezing bananas before adding them makes for a creamy smoothie. If you make a lot of smoothies, get into the habit of chopping up fruit and freezing it, so that you’ll always have it on hand for your smoothies.
Raw cacao is packed with antioxidants, and peanut butter adds a punch of protein. Bananas contain potassium, which aids in hydration and keeps you energized.
This recipe is for two people. If making for one, use half of the ingredients.
Yields: 2 | Serving size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 297 | Total Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fats: 9 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 9 mg | Sodium: 128 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary fiber: 3 gm | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (lite canned or carton)
- 1 banana, frozen or unfrozen
- 2 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- Ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender on blend on medium to high until the smoothie is completely liquified and foamy. You may decide to blend the ice cubes with the drink or add them at the end. Ice can be a bit much for some blender blades and may be added at the end. Enjoy!
For more smoothie recipes, breakfast ideas, and healthy desserts, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. You’ll be utilizing those fresh veggies and fruits in a variety of recipes in no time!